Sunday, April 6, 2014

Where am I?

Never stayed somewhere for long;
Found I quickly hate the surroundings;
Constantly swimming through this life;
Although lately felt more like drowning.

No matter how much I gasp for air;
It fills my lungs but it's just not there;
The quality at which things establish;
Considered greater yet feel less than average.

I want elegant things, resplendent is my fire;
Igniting the flame that I deem as desire;
Is it selfish to want to be great, instead of stuck in mediocrity;
If it is I don't care I just want to live life like aristocracy.

If Icarus' flight too close to the sun was his demise;
I'll stay a bit back so I don't get surprised;
I just wanna see the stars, I just want a bigger life;
Unlike this box that I'm stuck in, I'm expecting to be rife.

Chock full of piss and vinegar is thy;
Keep my eyes on the prize, leave my urge stuck on drive;
Not sure where I'll end up, but that's the fun in the matter;
There's a reason I never stick around, I looked but haven't found what makes me gladder.

No comments:

Post a Comment